2021 Winners & Finalists
2021 Award-Worthy Individuals and Finalists
The Accenture VR Lifetime Achievement Award
Tom Furness, Founder of Virtual World Society
VR Social Influencer Award
VR Social Influencer is awarded to individuals producing quality virtual reality content – no matter the medium, size, or purpose. Finalists for this category can only be nominated directly by the Academy.
Winners are chosen by a mixture of our expert judging panel and public voting.
- April Speight
- Between Realites VR Podcast
- Cas and Chary VR
- Thrill Seeker
- Tyriel Wood
VR Hardware of the Year
Winner: HP – HP Reverb G2 Omnicept Edition
VR Hardware of the Year is awarded to companies producing outstanding and impactful manufactured technology year on year.
- Facebook – Oculus Quest 2
- HP – HP Reverb G2 Omnicept Edition
- HTC – VIVE Focus 3
- Pico Interactive Europe SL– Pico Neo 3 Pro
- Varjo – XR-3
- Vrgineers – XTAL Mixed Reality Module
VR Game of the Year
Winner: Resolution Games – Demeo
Focusing on the use of Virtual Reality within games is the VR game of the year award. This combines the ingenuity and creativity that it takes to make a successful game along with the innovative use of movement that makes an experience worth while.
- Archiact – DOOM 3: VR Edition
- Electronic Arts Inc. – Star Wars: Squadrons
- MWM Interactive – Maskmaker
- ILMxLAB – Star Wars/ Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge
- Joy Way – STRIDE
- MyDearest – ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos
- PotamWorks SAS – Smash Drums
- Resolution Games – Demeo
- VR Factory Games – Horror Bar VR
- Wanadev – Ragnaröck
- Wevr – Gnomes & Goblins
- XR Games – Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever
VR Experience of the Year
Winner: ATLAS V & NO GHOST – Madrid Noir
Experiences are what makes Virtual Reality come to life. VR experience of the year is awarded to companies that produce and execute a truly outstanding, quality experience which has resulted in positive user feedback.
- 4DR Studios & Coloray – Future Static
- ATLAS V & NO GHOST – Madrid Noir
- Big Rock Creative – BRCvr
- Couzin Films & Les Produits Frais – The Passengers
- National Film Board of Canada – The Book of Distance
- Lost Eagle Studios – Getting Lost With Luke In Nature
- Nowheremedia – Kusunda VR
- SENSORIUM – Launch First Performing AI DJ
VR Film of the Year
Winner: 3DAR – Paper Birds
Working to create an immersive, spatial and original VR media is very new territory for most designers and cinematographers. All nominations must substantially feature virtual reality within their media and work to create a comfortable and enjoyable experience for the viewer. Additional attention is given to the use of positioning and movement within the media. Can include short film, interactive pieces and design work within VR.
- 3DAR – Paper Birds
- Alchemy Immersive– Micro Monsters with David Attenborough
- Diversion cinema – Strands of mind
- idontloveyouanymore – To Miss The Ending
- “La Caixa” Foundation– Symphony
- Transitional Forms and National Film Board of Canada – Agence
VR Marketing of the Year
Winner: Geometry Ogilvy Japan– Shibuya Virtual Halloween
Virtual Reality gives marketers a new weapon to reach further demographics in increasingly creative ways. Judges look towards marketing campaigns that integrate Virtual Reality within the majority of the project. Particular focus is placed on the originality and creativity behind each marketing campaign.
- Accenture – D-Wave Advantage Showcase
- Geometry Ogilvy Japan– Shibuya Virtual Halloween
- HIKKY Co., Ltd. – Virtual Market 5
- HIKKY Co., Ltd. – VR Boatshow: TOYOTA Marine WORLD
- IMMERSIVECAST – Vraum – Car configuration app
- Emirates & Renacen Sistemas SL – The Emirates VR Experience
Rising VR Company of the Year
Winner: triple A code GmbH
Without new startups creating innovative solutions and driving forward ambition within the industry, virtual reality would not be where it is today. Commending small businesses with proven business models is VR startup of the year.
- EVOKE Studios
- Lost Horizon
- triple A code GmbH
- Unlocked Reality
Innovative VR Company of the Year
Virtual Reality is a constantly evolving landscape that requires innovative thought leaders to pave the way by leading by example through first-to-market developments. Additional points are given to companies that place focus on their company culture and policies along with how sustainable their practices are.
- Cleanbox Technology
- DARK BAY GmbH
- eyeora VR
- Resolution Games
- Yarn Corporation
VR Education and Training of the Year
Winner: NORCAT – Vale VR
Awarded to companies or individuals who have demonstrated practical and innovative uses of VR in education and training. This applies to any industry that has used VR to aid in experiences, videos, games and more (providing it has a positive educational use).
- Breakpoint One GmbH – VR Plant Journey
- Haggai Goldfarb Consulting – Project Origami: “The Magic of Flight”
- Make Real Ltd –Make Real & Severn Trent – Coaching VR
- NORCAT – Vale VR
- Orka – DHL Reach Truck Simulator
- PsychIc VR Lab Co. Ltd – NEWVIEW SCHOOL
- StudioCOIN – Forum VR-Artists of OZ
- Techno Brave Asia Ltd. & Eminent Air (Thailand) Co., Ltd.– Virtual Air condition Installation
- VR Inn – Virtual Reality training for container glass manufacturers
VR Healthcare of the Year
Winner: Osso VR – Cinematic VR Surgical Training Platform
VR Healthcare of the Year recognises projects that are changing the landscape of healthcare industries for good, awarding both B2B and B2C solutions that can demonstrate a clear impact and understanding of the market.
- BroadAR – Smell Revived
- Health Scholars – Saving Kids’ Lives: VR Training for Pediatric Emergencies
- Khora – The Challenge Project
- Make Real Ltd– Make Real & NHS Blood and Transplant – Aseptic Technique VR
- NUMENA GmbH – B. Braun SSI Pathway VR
- Osso VR – Cinematic VR Surgical Training Platform
- SimX, Inc. – Elsevier Simulation Learning System (SLS) VR Curriculum
- FundamentalVR – See again! – FundamentalVR partnership with Novartis, delivering groundbreaking Ocular Gene Therapy VR Simulation
- Nicolò Zago – Daily- act software: VR serious game for the evaluation and rehabilitation of the neuropsychological patients
Out-of-Home VR Entertainment of the Year
Winner: Figment Productions Ltd. – Current, Rising
Out-of-Home VR Entertainment brings a new level of immersion to theme parks, cinemas, attractions, museums and more. Nominees for this award have researched, implemented and carried out a truly outstanding, quality experience which has resulted in a high level of user satisfaction.
- Backlight Studio – Icecube Protocol
- DIVR Labs – Meet the Dinosaurs
- Figment Productions Ltd. – Current, Rising
- INCARNA STUDIOS – Incarna Adventure
- meetspaceVR – meetspaceVR: We blow minds!
- Secret Location – Blasters of the Universe: Infinity Forever
- Secret Location – Paranormal Pest Patrol
- Ubisoft Düsseldorf – Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time
VR Social Impact Award
Winner: Accenture – AVEnueS – Race Equity in Child Welfare
Some projects may have smaller budgets, however, that doesn’t stop them from making a significant social impact on the world around them.
The VR Awards Social Impact Award is given to companies or individuals that produce and execute either an experience, product and or service which has resulted in positively impacting a cause for social good.
- Accenture – AVEnueS – Race Equity in Child Welfare
- Gain Productions Inc. – MINDFUL VR
- Geometry Ogilvy Japan – Shibuya Virtual Halloween
- GRX Immersive Labs – POV: Points of View
- Rendever – RendeverLive™
- Sentireal Ltd – SiteIT
- Moth+Flame – Suicide Prevention (Ready VR)
VR Enterprise Solution of the Year
Winner: Masters of Pie – Hyperbat – World’s First VR Design Review over 5G
VR Enterprise Solution of the Year specifically rewards projects that satisfy the needs of an organisation rather than individual users. Such organisations include businesses, schools, interest-based user groups, clubs, charities, and governments.
- Arthur – Arthur
- Entropia sdn. Bhd– TM One XR City: Immersive Opportunities
- Light&Shadows – Stipple
- Make Real Ltd – Skill Shield – Make Real and Keltbray
- Masters of Pie – Hyperbat – World’s First VR Design Review over 5G
- Orka – Virtual Shipyard – Strathclyde University Department of NAOME
- Spinview – The VQecosystem: Transforming building and infrastructure data into visual intelligence for all
Stay up to date
Register interest for all events updates, including ticket information.